Subject: Re: IK fixed in release
From: [email-masked] (Justin Barrett)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 1995 22:09:00 GMT

On 18 Aug 95, Peter Bowmar spoke up and said:

Bp> Hi. I was fooling around with IK in the pre-release, and it works OK,
Bp> but you can't keyframe the null object! You have to go back and keyframe
Bp> the objects, or hierarchy. If you're using bones, this is a painfully
Bp> slow process.

Bp> Somebody, please tell me IK will be usable in the release version! It
Bp> sure ain't now.

Well, it *is* usable, but apparently not in the manner that you'd prefer. 
And I'm afraid that it's not going to change for the final release.  I
just came back from the NewTek U. seminars in Seattle, and IK was demo'd
there on a beta 4.0 for the Amiga.

It's not really that hard.  All you have to do is move to the highest
parent in the heirarchy, and create a keyframe for "Selected Item and
Descendants".  That'll key every item in your IK chain in one move.

I agree that it would be much easier to just set keys for the goal. 
Maybe the next release will change this......

         Justin Barrett - [email-masked] - 1:350/401
    Free Spirit Productions   -   Northland Cable   -   Peninsula College

 * Q-Blue 2.1 *
--
[email-masked] (Justin Barrett) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]